Monday, October 3, 2011

Turning the corner

I am so glad to be back into the bloggy-blog world. This summer it seems that I managed to fill up that precious planner of mine (you know this girl loves to plan!) and spent way too much time doing and not enough time being. Have you ever been like that? Any who, as I sit here typing away there is a to-do list waiting for me- and that's what I wanted to chat with you over my coffee this afternoon. I would love to send you a picture of this delicious coffee that I am sipping on, but my precious toy truck pushing Luke decided that he would "clean" the photo card reader on the (less than year old) computer with a lip gloss wand. I love the little helpful man in him that wants to clean.... but really lip gloss. You can imagine what that would do to the card reader-- each time I would pull it out (because I am one persistent girl, I had to try multiple times) it was nice and shiny.... glossy if you will. Any who- back to being.
Right in the midst of planning this Ladies fall retreat for church (which by the way I have spent more time planning with my buddy Julie than I did on my wedding!), I have discovered that our house is so rushed right now. School is back in session, practices and games for Zack have begun, there's bible studies, Wednesday night classes, you name it- we are in full swing. With all of the running to the bus stop or homework that needs to be done I find that we are all busy. Busy with being busy- does that make sense? Weekends fill up and the house just gets chaotic.... grabbing something, dashing out the door, loading in the car, hurry.
Enter my 31 day challenge.... Courtney over at http://womenlivingwell.org/ started this challenge and I am excited to see what God has in store for me and our house as I pray over making our home a Haven. A refuge and much needed place of tranquility and calmness and joy.
So, here's to turning the corner... choosing being over doing(all the time) and looking forward to what God has planned for our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment