Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This year we are changing up our normal Thankful tree for November - I decided to do Thankful cards, same concept- just more room to write! My plans are to capture 1 thing that each member of our family is thankful for for each day in the month of November. At the end of the month I am going to put them in a book to keep and each year we will add to it. It will be a great way to capture all of the things we are thankful for each day, see them as we go throughout the years, and see how the handwriting (and spelling) changes for the kids as they grow. This year I am filling in for the tiny ones, although the contribute by drawing a picture on the back of each card. I write exactly what they tell me... for example on the first day the princess was thankful for makeup.... Yes, you read that right. But they are getting better-- today (day 3) the princess is thankful for painting with her daddy and the rock star is thankful for his friend Mia and his daddy. Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Love the card idea - we might have to steal that, I think it will be precious to look back year over year, absolutely love that idea.

    ReplyDelete